Terms and conditions of issue and park entry
- Please carry a printed or digital copy of your pass at all times while in the park, and show it to a park officer if asked.
- Your park pass is for entry into the park. It does not include camping fees.
- The pass is valid for 7 consecutive days from date of entry and is not transferable.
- While in the park, visitors are to comply with the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and associated Regulations. Copies are available at the Bowali Visitor Centre or environment.gov.au.
- Please obey all park signs and notices, they are there for your safety.
- All research or commercial activity requires a permit.
- For further information, please visit environment.gov.au
- Visit parksaustralia.gov.au/kakadu/ for more information about the park
- If you need assistance with your pass, please call on (08) 8938 1100 during business hours or email Kakadu.ParkPass@parksaustralia.gov.au
Terms and conditions for Park Pass refunds
Changes and cancellations by you
- A 100% refund of Park Pass fees paid online will be made if you cancel your visit 15 days or more prior to the first day of the booked arrival date.
- No refund will be made if you cancel your visit 14 days or less prior to the first day of the booked arrival date online or any time after.
- We strongly recommend you and your fellow travellers purchase comprehensive travel insurance. You should be satisfied that your chosen insurance cover fully meets your personal requirements especially in respect of inclement weather, personal injury or illness.
Changes to dates (transfers)
- You are entitled to transfer the dates of the original Park Pass online booking once. Any subsequent transfer will be treated as a cancellation.
- You must choose the date when transferring the Park Pass online booking. If an alternative date is not known, the booking will be cancelled as per the above cancellation terms.
- Park Passes bought online cannot be transferred between persons.
Park closure and severe weather
- If the park is closed as a result of severe fire danger rating, severe weather or a cyclone warning being declared, a refund is available for the Park Pass. This applies to visitors who scheduled arrival that coincides with the declared Park closure, or visitors who are already on site and their stay is shortened as a result of the Park closure.
- Requests for refunds for Park Use fees must be made within 60 days.
Applying for a refund